Mayo is the oldest electorate in South Australia and is home to many retired Australians who have worked hard for financial security in their retirement. I am committed to ensuring that our older Australians get a fair deal.
- Supporting an independent body to set the deeming rate for age pensioners
- Opposing Labor's proposal at the 2019 Federal election to remove dividend imputation credits from our less-than-wealthy retirees
- Securing once-off support for pensioners ($75 for singles and $62.50 per member of a couple) struggling with rising energy bills
- Supporting the return of the Pensioner Concession Card to pensioners who stopped being eligible for a pension payment due to changes to the assets test
- Supporting the creation of an independent tribunal to determine the age pension in line with cost of living increases
- Supporting and maintaining critical services for seniors, such as the Medicare Services Centre in Victor Harbor
- Supporting superannuation reforms to ensure more money goes into the pockets of retirees
- Organising positive ageing forums and expos with a range of guest speakers to provide relevant and timely information
- Calling for an urgent review of new, stringent Centrelink income reporting obligations for pensioners
Speeches in Parliament:
You can also read about my work on health and aged care issues here.