Request for Congratulatory Message

Australians celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The King.

The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more. The King and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday. On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The King will write again every five years.

The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries. The King sends messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.

How to arrange the message

You can arrange an anniversary message through my electorate office. You will need to provide supporting documentation like birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at my office.

Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and The Queen so you only have to make one application. To arrange a message from the State Premier you should contact the office of your local state parliamentarian.

When to arrange the message

You can make arrangements for anniversary messages up to two months before the celebration.

You can request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.

Where will the message be delivered?

Anniversary messages can be delivered directly to the recipient or to a care-of address for surprises.

For more information visit:

Get in touch with Rebekha
Choose your preference
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook