Federal Member for Mayo Rebekha Sharkie MP invites you to attend upcoming emergency preparedness workshops with guest speakers from the Australian Red Cross and Country Fire Service.
The sessions will focus on personal and community preparedness for the upcoming fire season.
The sessions will be held on:
Monday 6 November at the Kersbrook Soldiers Memorial Park Community & Sports Club at 57 Glover St Kersbrook from 6:30pm to 8:30pm; and
- Wednesday 15 November at the Hut Community Centre at 1 Euston Rd, Aldgate from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
The Australian Red Cross with be presenting information on how to prepare for an emergency through the use of the RediPlan guide. RediPlan is a free disaster preparedness guide that assists individuals to prepare for any emergency in four simple steps. RediPlan helps you to:
- learn about the risks you face and how they might affect you
- make an emergency survival kit to help you through a disaster
- take action now to protect the important things in life
- create your personal emergency plan to help you when disaster strikes
The Country Fire Service (CFS) will be presenting information on bushfire preparedness and how to prepare your home and property for the upcoming bushfire season.
The CFS presentation will provide an overview of the following:
- your bushfire risk
- bushfire behaviour
- how to protect your house and property
- your personal safety
- bushfire survival planning