The State Government and Rebekha Sharkie MP are seeking community feedback on proposed changes to the LinkSA Goolwa to Adelaide bus route.
South Coast and Fleurieu residents are asked to cast their vote in favour of one of the following two options:
Option 1: Services to operate as they are currently with no changes to the current timetable.
Option 2: All existing and new services from the Goolwa and Victor Harbor region will travel to and terminate at the Noarlunga Centre Interchange to enable transfers to the Seaford train and various Adelaide Metro bus services. The details of the changes include:
- Early morning service arriving in Adelaide 8.53am
- Late afternoon service departing Adelaide at 5:20pm
- Passengers being able to also connect with Metro bus services to Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre and Marion Shopping Centre, as well as connecting to the train from Noarlunga Centre Interchange
- Increased service frequency. Up from 3 to 5 return services on weekdays; two return services on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
- Introduction of a midday inter town loop on weekends and public holidays between Encounter Bay and Goolwa
- Cheaper fares between Goolwa/Victor Harbor and Adelaide, with passengers benefiting by being able to use Metro card fares from Noarlunga Centre Interchange to Adelaide
- Senior Card holders will be able to take advantage of the interpeak free seniors travel on Adelaide Metro services
- LinkSA will continue to provide concession card holders with a 50 per cent reduction of the regular adult fare between Noarlunga Centre Interchange and the Fleurieu region.
The results of this survey are being provided to the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure.