Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Armistice Centenary Grants Program Community Consultation Committee for the electorate of Mayo.
The committee is a key component of the Armistice Centenary Grants Program.
The role of the Committee is to:
- Assist your Member of Parliament (MP) in seeking the community’s views on how best to commemorate the Centenary of Armistice locally.
- Develop an approach to commemorate the Armistice that represents the community’s view.
- Assist your MP to ensure that endorsed expressions of interest (EOI) proposals meet the eligibility criteria and program objectives.
- Assist your MP to ensure that the total value of endorsed proposals is no greater than $50,000.
- Review all proposals before an application is submitted to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
To be eligible for committee membership, applicants must demonstrate community engagement experience and an interest in the Armistice Centenary through either:
- Ex-service organisations
- Educational institutions
- Local Government
- Historical associations
- Government agencies
- Community organisations.
The Armistice Centenary Grants Program is a restricted grant round and applications can only be submitted by invitation of local MPs.
Grant applications open on November 11, 2017, and close on February 28, 2018.
Grant funding is expected to be made available from April 2018 to 31 August 2018.
Committee members must be prepared to attend at least one face-to-face meeting to discuss expressions of interest. The assessment process will mainly involve email and phone interactions so access to and experience using the internet would be advantageous.
More information about the program is available at www.dva.gov.au or by calling 1800 555 254.
The Centenary of Armistice marks the conclusion of the Australia’s Anzac Centenary Program which commenced in 2014 with the Albany Convoy Commemorative Event commemorating the 100th anniversary of the departure of the first convoy of ships to the First World War.
The Program will conclude with commemorations marking the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice, on Remembrance Day 11 November 2018.
Application for committee membership close 9 October 2017.